LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE...
What is Laughter Therapy?
Laughter Therapy, also called humor therapy,
is the use of humor to promote overall health and wellness.
It aims to use the natural physiological process of laughter
to help relieve physical or emotional stresses or discomfort.
Put a simplier way... "Humor is infectious."
Humor and laughter strengthen your immune system,
boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect
you from the damaging effects of stress.
Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun and easy to use.
| The Benefits of Laughter
Physical Health Benefits:
- Boosts immunity
- Lowers stress hormones
- Decreases pain
- Relaxes your muscles
- Prevents heart disease
Mental Health Benefits:
- Adds joy and zest to life
- Eases anxiety and fear
- Relieves stress
- Improves mood
- Enhances resilience
- Strengthens relationships
- Attracts others to us
- Enhances teamwork
- Helps defuse conflict
- Promotes group bonding
The link between laughter and mental health
Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain,
and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably
to bring your mind and body back into balance than a
good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes,
connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused,
With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to
laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource
for problems, enhancing your relationships,
and supporting both your physical and emotional well-being.
Humor takes you to a higher place where you can view the world from a more relaxed, positive, creative, joyful, and balanced perspective.
- Laughter dissolves distressing emotions. You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing.
- Laughter helps you relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more.
- Humor shifts perspective, allowing you to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light. A humorous perspective creates psychological distance, which can help you avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.